Reptile Ravings

     

 VIVARUIM BULB CAUSES HOUSE FIRE

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

According to a UK newspaper, fire crews were alerted to attend a house fire after a bulb in a bearded dragon’s enclosure overheated, causing the fire.

The lizard was not responding and thought to be dead. Fire crews, doing what they do well, did not give up in reviving the lizard. When a firefighter touched the bearded dragon’s tail it jumped and so the animal was given air via an oxygen mask, aiding its recovery.

Be vigilant in the selection of quality vivarium lighting and heat lamps and their placement to ensure such accidents do not occur in your home.


Recent Blog Posts